Let's read the Bible in a year. The start date for this is August 15, 2005. Post your thoughts on this blog or simply use it to check in.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

March 15 Check-in

Hello friends!

Sorry to be late on this…I would like to blame the crazy weather or the demands of a new puppy, but the truth is that I just spaced it out!

Anyway, hope all of you are still persevering in the journey! As the months pass, it seems that fewer and fewer of you respond. I encourage all of you who made the commitment to reply to the group, if for nothing else than to stay connected, but also to honor our accountability to each other. Our rates will differ for a variety of reasons, including God’s leading our individual journeys, so don’t look at it as “’fessing up”, but rather as sharing what you are gleaning from where ever you are – Genesis, New Testament, Psalms…

I have just finished Ezekial 39. This has actually been the toughest month of reading for me as chapter after chapter is telling of the doom and gloom to come to a very disobedient Israel…in what seems to me to be a rather monotonous way. I am trying to use this as an opportunity to really use prayer alongside of my reading so God can pull out little nuggets that he wants me to focus on…but I have been tired and most nights as of late, reading out of obligation and getting little out of it. I look forward to pushing through the next few books to start the NT.

Blessing to all of you! Joy in the journey! Amee

1 Responses:

Blogger Chad Caswell said...

I have stalled out on Numbers and have moved into the Psalms. I am reading them backwards (chapter-wise) and am really finding it to be a refreshing change from the past few months.

Cheers until April!

--Chad

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

« Home