November 15 Check-in (from Amee)
Hello dear friends and family!
Amazingly, it is again the 15th – which means blogging (or e-mailing) your progress. My prayer is that each of you are where you are because that is where God is leading you and needing you to be. I encourage you all to continue your reading, even if you feel like the going is slow. Move around if you need to…jump between the OT and the NT…blend in study books…but keep with it! Perhaps set aside a minimum reading time for yourselves (I use 7 minutes) and literally time it on a clock. When you I visualize it that way for myself, it seems much more doable - especially at the end of a long day when sleep is such a temptation.
I am at 2 Kings verse 10. One thing I love about this part of the OT is that God’s faithfulness to his servant David is a continuous thread throughout all the troubles and sins of Israel and Judah. Even during reigns filled with sin, idol worship, adultery and murder, God continues to honor his promises. I have much more to say, share and question about what I have been reading but my mind is muddled right now and I keep finding myself at a loss for the words I am looking for. Might have something to do with my kids marching through the house chanting “snotty potty…snotty potty…” which is another reason I really have to end this (since I have already let their “parade” go on so long that I have kind of started chanting it pleasantly to myself subconciously…yikes!)
Anyway, I look forward to hearing from all of you. You are all amazing!
Peace and Joy, Amee
1 Responses:
To all --
I, too, am inspired by the comments of the group this month and some of the other entries on the site (Rob McNair's entry titled "Ideas" is a thoughtful read).
I am, sadly, still in Exodus. I will kick it in gear because I said I would do this and because I want to do this. Thanks to Amee and others for stepping up the accountability this month. That is not always an enviable task but always admirable!
Peace to all,
Chad
8:27 PM
Post a Comment
« Home