Let's read the Bible in a year. The start date for this is August 15, 2005. Post your thoughts on this blog or simply use it to check in.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Check-in (from Shari Prest)

Hi folks,

I am in Deuteronomy and Mark. I manage to do my reading every night but some nights seem to be more revealing than others. It is helpful for me to integrate the OT and NT to be reminded of the absolute goodnes and grace and faithfulness of God. I have been trying to discover if the seemingly monotonous records of the last two OT books are simply to retain the historical account throughout all time or to demonstrate to us God's detailed connection with our world and our lives. My OT reading so far does remind us that even though we have a merciful and loving God, he gives us free will and will ultimately hold us accoutnable for our choices.

I am so thankful for the many ways God reveals himself on a day-to-day basis that in the end I can trust in His goodness and mercy. I have had times when I laugh from the sheer joy of His presence and others when I know without a doubt He is working a miracle and still others when I say, "Where are you God, talk to me, I can't do this on my own." My scriptural struggle continues to be meshing the OT and NT depiction of God. In the end, I always end up with "Who can know the mind of the God." But I am going to some additional resources to put the pieces of this mysterious puzzle together. Some of your BLOG entries have been very insightful. Please keep them coming. I am continually reminded of our responsibility to hold one-another responsible -- God -- God of all creation has written us a letter.

Shari

0 Responses:

Post a Comment

« Home