Let's read the Bible in a year. The start date for this is August 15, 2005. Post your thoughts on this blog or simply use it to check in.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

October 15 Check-in (from Amee)

Hello Friends!

Incredibly, it is already time for another check-in. It was suggested that instead of responding to e-mail, everyone post their status on the blog site. If you go to the site (the link is below), you will see a posting from Chad that gives detailed instruction on how to begin using this site. If it is not your preference to use the blog site, just e-mail you check-in to me and I will post it on the blog site.

God is so good! I have had conversations with many of you about how your reading is expanding your understanding, faith, and desire to learn more and find answers. Clearly, He is so present in his words to us, compelling us to know Him better and deeper.

Again, the check-ins are meant to serve as a personal accountability…not a comparison with where anyone else is. No doubt God is leading each of us a different paces and to different places.

I am in the middles of 1 Samuel. I really love this book. It reads like a novel. I have just read about God’s anointing David. In the past, there have been some great conversations about God’s treatment of Saul. While I am still mystified by so much, this time reading it through and really using the study notes, I feel like I have more of a grasp on why it all went down as it did. It has been a real lesson to me on God knowing and judging our truest intentions, and that we cannot fool God or make excuses to Him. He is on to us big time!

Anyway, I so look forward to hearing about where the rest of you are. Please check the blog site to see where others are, and again, initiate conversation about what you are reading if you feel so compelled.

Blessings to all of you and your families! You are all amazing!

Amee

6 Responses:

Blogger Chad Caswell said...

-- From Shari Prest --
I will update all on the blog site as soon as I can find my password. For now I am in numbers and just about throught Matthew (cabin reading out of order). Maybe it is a blessing that I have had to jump to the new testament as the old can be difficult, especially without the new to balance it out. God's limitlessness is so inconceivable -- it is like trying to really understand infinity or forever. God is all knowing, all wise, all loving and does have a handle on the what and why of things that we can't even imagine. This reading is reminding me of that.

Shari

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Chad Caswell said...

Well, it's been a slowwwww month for me. My progress is marked in chapters, NOT books. I am still in Exodus and have been struggling to make time to read...my fault though! I have no good excuses except laziness. I will aim for a better Oct-Nov!

Peace to all,
Chad

6:43 AM

 
Blogger Chad Caswell said...

-- From Deb Gunderson --
slogging my way through Deuteronomy-- its interesting, but tough to relate to.

D. [Deb]

6:10 AM

 
Blogger Chad Caswell said...

-- From Jess Olson --
can't remember my blog password so here's my update [a good indication of my life the past few weeks!] ...i have struggled the past month with finding/taking the time to read...so i find myself still in exodus. i so appreciate all the comments and insight and look forward to catching up! :)

peace.
jessica

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Chad Caswell said...

-- From Nancy Finkenaur --

I, too, am not sure how to post on the blog, but...I had been sick for some time and had no time to read, am just now getting back to it and am in the early pages of Deuteronomy. I was comparing my St. Joseph’s Catholic Bible to the Oxford Study Bible of a friend. They are very similar and both contain books of the Apocrypha. My Bible does not have Samuel, Amee. After Deuteronomy, I have the Book of Josue, then Judges, then I, 2, 3, and 4 Kings, then 1 and 2 Paraplipomenon, followed by 1 And 2 Esdras Judith, Esther, Job, and the Psalms followed by Proverbs. Where in this would be the book of Samuel? Any idea? I know I also have the two books of Machabees to end the Old Testament, which are not in all Bibles. I am moving very slowly in part, I think because of the extensive notes and references to other parts of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. I am finding far more questions than answers and am wondering if I like this God as represented so far in the Old Testament.

Blessings,
Nancy

6:31 AM

 
Blogger Chad Caswell said...

-- From Dana Sahlin --

Dana's Oct. update...
I am in the beginning of Numbers. It has been hard reading for me. I can't help but to question much of what I read. If we are to be Christ-like... I often struggle with finding a lot of Christ-like moments. Luckily certain friends remind me to look at themes and messages instead of complete literal truth. That seems to help. I have not been reading much lately, so I am behind where I want to be.
My book club book was 700 pages long this month and it took up all my time. Enough with excuses!! I hope to get back into the bible in November.

7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

« Home