Let's read the Bible in a year. The start date for this is August 15, 2005. Post your thoughts on this blog or simply use it to check in.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

More Questions...

It feels weird knowing that we are not meeting to discuss... it will take some time to get used to the email thing. When it comes to the Old Testament...I usually end up with more questions than answers. I thought I would send along my thoughts for my first day's readings. If you think they are offensive, too negative or anything...I can not email them and then hook up with some of you in person to discuss too.

Anyways... here goes ... feel free to delete at this point.

I am curious as to when historians (that believe in creation) feel this all took place?

Where did the serpent come from if God created everything and it was all "good"... and supposedly sin had not entered the world at this time. He seems like a sinner to me??

Why would God put the tree of life there knowing that Adam and Eve would eat from it. Since he is an all-knowing God ... it can kind of seem like a set-up?? It seems to me that maybe humans weren't made all good and in God's image if Eve was so quick to disobey. It seems to me she was already full of sin. I guess I am questioning this whole thing about "sin being entered into the world" at that point. It seems to me like it was already there??

Being a teacher in schools these days..I think Genesis 3: 12&13 pretty much sums up a lot of Americans... blame everything on someone or something else... Take no responsibility.

I am stuck on 3-16... man being the master over woman???

Whatever happened to this beautiful garden and tree, especially if it is a place where God walks around?

--Dana Sahlin

0 Responses:

Post a Comment

« Home